Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Plz help :) : i have forgotten the admin pass on the canon

Customer Question

plz help :)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have forgotten the admin pass on the canon scanfronot 300p
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Please tell as from firmware (.bin) file to make the boot USB flash drive and update the system
JA: USB issue, huh? Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried different programs to create a bootable USB flash drive. But my scanner Canon ScanFront 300P does not recognize these drives and the firmware does not load with them.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Please allow a minute or 2 to review and reply back.

Please Stand-By

I just now located the documents for that ScanFront 300P

.

Just to confirm the issue...The administrator password ***** the Scantfront 300P has been lost or forgotten? Is that correct?

.

If so, what were you attempting to accomplish with the USB drive?

Were you trying to update the Firmware on the ScanFront300P?

.

Awaitng your reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The administrator password ***** the Scantfront 300P has been lost.
>yes. Previously I did, but not now. Do something wrong

Alrighty....thank you for the info.

.

The Username Account, you are calling 'Admin'....How are you trying to Login? FROM where? The software on a PC, or directly on the ScanFront300P?

Also....maybe you know.....but it never hurts to remind folks...The Username and the Password ***** case-sensitive. Which to me...was wierd for the username to be case sensitive....but in fact it is.

Have a look at the image link below showing the instructions to Logging in.

.

So...just an FYI......just make sure you are entering in the Username with the proper case.

.

Im looking for a PW reset or recover option now....please Stand-By

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My question was different! How to make a bootable disk. Return money or answer the question
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what you sent me, I know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
>Also....maybe you know.....but it never hurts to remind folks...The Username and the Password ***** case-sensitive. Which to me...was wierd for the username to be case sensitive....but in fact it is.
= no

OoooH Kaay.

.

Im sorry for the confusion....I was thrown off track by your response to my initial confirming question.

.

No biggy.....I can certainly help you with making a bootable USB.

.

The Administrator password ***** ***** than the USERNAME password, and in fact has a seperate login TYPE .....Also the Operating Guide states:

User names and passwords are case-sensitive. Make sure to

enter the user and password ***** during device

authentication correctly

Can you confirm the below image, is the SAME as you have please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i confirm

Making a Bootable USB requires a small program that writes a Boot Loader to the root of the USB drive, while also writing the Install data.

There are quite a few of these programs available, many are FREE.

Although the FREE versions tend to be a bit less attractive, with a more RAW looking interface. Not exactly recommended for the Novice Computer User.

Most of the Make-Bootable programs will only work on certain types of data files. But this is usually the most common types.

Here is a weblink to one of the programs I use frequently...called Rufus

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Although, from what im putting together.....if your intention is to use the USB as the Boot source to update the firmware.... its not looking like is a viable way to update the Firmware.

Under the USB specifications in the OpManual...i found this:

.

The scanner will not start if you turn the power ON while a USB

memory device is inserted. Insert the USB memory device

after the scanner has started up.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know what I should do. write how to create a bootable usb and to write down firmware.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
step by step instructions.
https://yadi.sk/d/3SE2UrUQs9DoM

First.....what format is your Install Media in? Meaning.....what is the file extension? Is it a single file....or multiple files?

Would you like to have a Remote Session? It would make it a thousand times easier for YOU to understand, and help me to better show you with fewer mistakes, and less confusion.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sent to you firmware (see link below). Try it yourself and tell me how I make bootable firmware USB.
https://yadi.sk/d/3SE2UrUQs9DoM
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
>First.....what format is your Install Media in?
=firmware packet file
>Meaning.....what is the file extension?
= .bin
> Is it a single file....or multiple files?
= single
>Would you like to have a Remote Session? It would make it a thousand times easier for YOU to understand, and help me to better show you with fewer mistakes, and less confusion.
> no, thank you---
I have tried many programs to create a boot disk for firmware canon. As I understand it there is WIndows CE.

And HOW are you testing your bootable USB disk after you make it bootable with the .bin file?

TO make sure it works....or in your case, doesn't

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
> And HOW are you testing your bootable USB disk after you make it bootable with the .bin file?
No way. The USB in the desired format is not created. Canon does not recognize it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Canon boot video
https://yadi.sk/i/YKNQfYils9RLT

Thank you for the clip......are you able to go into the BIOS, and change the Boot Priority to Boot from USB first....THEN the internal storage drive?

Even if the USB drive WAS working.....the scanner doesnt know to check the USB port to Boot from it. The scanner is setup to Boot from the internal storage FIRST. So once it looks at the internal storage, and finds a Boot record, it begins to Boot, and USB is not even checked for bootable media.

So again, wether the USB drive was done correctly or not...doesnt matter....it will never boot from USB until the BIOS is setup to CHECK the USB port for boot record FIRST.

Where did you get the instructions for updating the Scanner firmware anyways?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
>Thank you for the clip......are you able to go into the BIOS, and change the Boot Priority to Boot from USB first....THEN the internal storage drive?
= no. I think if you insert the bootloader into the USB port, when booting it starts.
> Even if the USB drive WAS working.....the scanner doesnt know to check the USB port to Boot from it. The scanner is setup to Boot from the internal storage FIRST. So once it looks at the internal storage, and finds a Boot record, it begins to Boot, and USB is not even checked for bootable media.
= that may be true
>Where did you get the instructions for updating the Scanner firmware anyways?
= This firmware from the official website. I have previously updated via USB.