Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to download a game and every time i try to

Customer Question

I am trying to download a game and every time i try to download it it tells me that 'the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher'. So how do i do what it is telling me to do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

1. Click on Start.

2. Right click on Computer, and click on Properties.

3. The System window will appear. Scroll down until the System section of this page is displayed.

4. There will be an entry called System Type listed. If it lists 32-bit Operating System, than the PC is running the 32-bit (x86) version of Windows. If it lists 64-bit Operating System, than the PC is running the 64-bit (x64) version of Windows.

...and that will give you the first part of your answer (that is, you'll know what version of Windows you have)! If you would, please post back here and let me know what game you're trying to download, and I'll see if I can assist with finding the right download file.

Hello again! It's been awhile since we chatted, and I wanted to follow up and make sure that the solution I provided worked for you? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know?

Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing back from you!