Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I am using InCopy CC 2014 on an iMac,OS X Yosemite. This

Customer Question

I am using InCopy CC 2014 on an iMac,OS X Yosemite. This iMac is new, being used for about 3 months. I have been an InCopy user for 4 years, and today when opening the program, I got this message immediately: "Adobe InCopy is shutting down. A serious error has been detected." I followed the instructions and attempted many times to re-open the program, but got the same message each time. I restarted my computer 4 or 5 times to no avail.
What is the handling for this? I really hope you can help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello Sherese, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Please allow some time to review your question and reply back to you.

Please STand-By

The best thing to do is to UNinstall InCopy CC 2014 (delete it)

Then go to the Mac Apple Store, and REinstall it (choose to download it, and it will install automatically once the download is finished)

.

Heres an in-depth set of instructions:

.

Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store: Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, hold down an app’s icon until all the icons begin to jiggle, then click an app’s delete button . If you later want the app, you can reinstall it from the Mac App Store.

If an icon doesn’t have a delete button, it can’t be uninstalled in Launchpad. For more information about Launchpad, see Use Launchpad to view and open apps.

.

Apps that have an uninstaller: In the Finder sidebar, click Applications. If an app is inside a folder, it might have an Uninstaller. Open the app’s folder. If you see Uninstall [App] or [App] Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.

.

Apps that don’t have an uninstaller: In the Finder sidebar, click Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock), then choose Finder > Empty Trash.

If you change your mind, before emptying the Trash, select the app in the Trash, then choose File > Put Back.

.

WARNING: When you empty the Trash, the app is permanently removed from your Mac. If you have any files that you created with the app, you may not be able to open them.

Delete files and folders

Hello Again,

I just wanted to touch base with you about kindly asking that you RATE my performance on your question.

So i may receive compensation for my time and effort, it takes just a moment.

Please....take a moment to RATE me, and at the same time you RATE, you have the option to leave a review or a gratuity.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much for your response, in less than 24 hours. I went over your instructions with my IT person in my organization, and he said the best solution to handle this would be to re-image the OS.

Re-Image the OS is a LAST resort.

.

If all previous troubleshooting attempts fail....then the Re-image of the OS would be done.

.

Eventually, we would have gotten to that.....but its like saying....instead of trying to find out what is wrong with your Automobiles engine.....we dont bother, and we just replace the engine.

Does this make the most logical sense? Eh....not really. It sounds more like the IT dept, would rather not bother with troubleshooting, and would rather spend the 30-60 minutes to just RE-image.....without considering a possible fix. Which is fine.....but when all your automobile needed was an oil change....instead you got a new engine.

.

So...did the issue get resolved?

Please let me know, and take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you!