Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.

I lost my task bar and my home page/ : I talked to someone

Customer Question

I lost my task bar and my home page/
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I talked to someone that was supposed to fix errors on my computer and gave them control to fix the errors, was told it would be no charge, but was later told I would have to pay. When I would not pay. They told me my computer would crash and I would not be able to use it. Now I can"t login or anything.
JA: Problems logging in, huh? It happens to all of us! Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I think I was hacked, I hope you can help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing

Please allow a minute or 2 to review and reply back to you.

Please Stand-By.

Margie, I think you might have been a victim of what is called RANSOMWARE.

Are you out there Margie?

Im concerned about your issue, as I dont want you to be a victim of this again.

Since your computer is not working, and is most likely just an issue with the software, you need to take it into a local computer shop for repair.

This is going to be the best option for a computer shop will guarantee their work, and call you if the scope of work changes, or the price changes from the initial estimate...much like a Car repair mechanic shop.