Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Please help!!! I have Photoshop Elements 9 and I am trying

Customer Question

hi there, please help!!! I have Photoshop Elements 9 and I am trying to download pics like I have for years.... but now I am getting a message that says:
The primary destination folder is low on disk space and could not obtain all the files from the device. please select a different folder or clean up disk space and try again.
why is it doing this?? I have plenty of space on my hard drive (cdrive)
it's also suddenly taking a very very long time to download where before today it would download in seconds... please help!! thanks cindy.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I can definitely help you with this.. But first I need to ask you some questions.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pc window 7 pro
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Thank you Cindy,

And would you like me to connect to your computer directly via a secure remote connection and fix the issue in person?

Or would you prefer to have me try and guide you through the needed repairs via written support only?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not for an extra charge.... is there a charge if you can't fix?
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

If I cant fix the issue, you would be entitled t o a full refund of all fees.

And there would be an extra charge, but its a minimal charge.. Ill send the offer to you now, if the extra charge isnt agreeable to you, we can continue via written support at the initial and standard cost of help.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i'll give it a shot just working with you first... ok?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i keep trying to download and it goes through the motions but for example, right now it's at 17% download and it's stopped. It's moving so slow.... this is the first time it's like this, normally it's been super fast.
It's about 300 pics that I'm trying to download. a few videos, none of which are more than a minute or so. after a long time the disk full message pops up
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

All right.. I like to start with the simpler fixes first.. Then if those dont work, we will go more in depth.

One last question, how many days ago did this issue begin to happen?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just today. its been perfect for years.
not a single problem
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
started today when I went to download pics from a trip just got back from
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's stopped at 17% download (on a video clip)
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Understood.

Lets try a simple fix first.. Whether this works or not, please send a reply and let me know so we can mark this as solved, or continue working the issue. First, close elements 9 and the el ements organizer if they are open.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, working on now, give me a sec
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

take your time.. I will be on shift for the next 10 hours.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do i set my own date? not getting that option... don't need to go back 4 days
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
or is that the only option. the latest option is 5/26
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
dustin?
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

5/26 shouldnt hurt anything.. It wont erase pictures, videos, or documents.

And if we dont like the outcome.. We can undo the restore with a few clicks.

So lets go with 5/26 and see what h appens.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
am i going to lose you on the restore?
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

You can get back to me by checking your email, you should see messages from justanswer saying you have received an answer or reply.

Open that email, and inside click on the button to view reply or view answer or reply on justanswer. That will bring you directly back to this page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it didn't restore because of my anti virus.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have bit defender
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dustin?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hellllooooooo
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
alrighty then. assuming you've vanished.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the problem is not resolved. not even troubleshot. I am assuming my card will not be charged.
thanks for vanishing!
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Due to the nature of email communication.. It does sometimes take a few minutes for me to get back to you.

If bit defender is blocking the system restore. Then right click and pause or disabled the protection of bit defender.

Or, uninstall it and then do the system restore.

D.S