Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My partner's computer is connected to mine. On 5/27 windows

Customer Question

My partner's computer is connected to mine. On 5/27 windows 10 installed itself on my computer. It accepted my old password. On 5/29 windows 10 installed itself on my partner's computer. He installed a new password. My computer rejected the one I had been using. I installed the one he was using, and it worked, for a while. Now, when I enter that password, the little circle just sits and spins. At the risk of losing information open at the time, I forced a shutdown. This morning, after I powered up, I'm back to a spinning circle. Marcia
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: I have a Epson model expression premium. Before windows 10 upgraded itself, I was using Windows 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I can't think of anything, but I'm not a computer person. This chat is being held on my partner's computer. It's a Dell something.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 6 months ago.

You mean, you are not able to access your partner's computer from yours ? Like in a home group setup?