Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I was unable to reset my password : I just opened my wifi

Customer Question

I was unable to reset my password
JA: A password ***** huh? It happens to all of us! Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just opened my wifi and when I tried to go online I was told to enter my password. When I did it told me to reset my password. I tried repeating the numbers and letters I saw and it told me I was unable to reset my password.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I typed in a new password ***** it rejected it. I think that I typed in my existing password.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,my name is***** will be assisting you with your computer issue today.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Could you please reconfirm whether this is a wi-fi password ***** internet access or password ***** your email or other websites?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I could not reset my pasdwrdWindows 9.7I opened my wifi and now that it is open, I went on to my AOL email server and was told I had to get a new password. When I followed the prompts it said I was unsuccessful.
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for clarifying it so its a AOL password ***** have trouble with,Is this AOL email account paid or free?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is believe I pay for Internet service but I do not know if I pay for the AOL service or not. I have had it since 2008.
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the details.

May I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.the reason why i offered remote support is because in that way we can avoid mistakes also it secure.I know most people are hesitate but we have been online for the past 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link Please let me know whether you want to continue with our tech support.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

so what happens if you go back to the aol site again?

it should give you another chance to change it if you have to.