Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

My 6 month old surface pro won't boot, it just says

Customer Question

My 6 month old surface pro won't boot, it just says "surface" on the screen. Please advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Surface and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Surface.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, no luck. It semis to be hot (tempatore)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, let it sit for 20 minutes with it off and the charger disconnected, then repeat my instructions.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still no booting
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. We have ruled out all other causes for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you