Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Trying to start windows 7' error message- failure

Customer Question

Trying to start windows 7` error message- failure configuring windows updates- reverting changes- do not turn off your computer- can't get past this screen- help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.

The first thing to check is this: do you have any removable media devices (USB "thumb" drive, CD or DVD, external hard drive) currently in or plugged into your computer? If so, try booting again with these devices removed/disconnected -- on Windows 7, they can cause this error to occur.

Does your login screen ever come up (it can sometimes take more than 30 minutes for it to appear when this problem occurs)?

Hello again! It's been awhile since we chatted, and I wanted to follow up and make sure that the solution I provided worked for you? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know?

Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing back from you!