Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My kindle screen is stuck on Amazonkindle with picture of

Customer Question

My kindle screen is stuck on Amazonkindle with picture of tree. Where I usually type in my code I only have a black line half across. I can't get out of this mode, sign in, or anything else. Therefore I can't read my book. Please help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi!

If you have a leather case on your Kindle; Please remove it before performing the steps below.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Looking forward to reading again.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.