Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

How to restore a Dell 3010 chromebox computer to a personal

Customer Question

How to restore a Dell 3010 chromebox for meetings computer to a personal computer?There is a way.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
I am a bit confused as to what you want to do here. What do you mean when you say you want to use as a personal computer? Do you mean you just want to use it for your own personal use but it is configured some other way?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This computer is for meeting computer you need a adminisrtation pin to use it,Google will provide it but you have to pay to have administration rights.I want to restore it to a home computer.I had it that way but I did a factory restore on it and it went back to a meeting computer,I didnt know it would
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
I think you have Chromebox for Meetings which is different than a regular chrome box.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is,cause you cant log into it cause I dont have administration rights
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We cant connect remotely theres no way to log into the computer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im using an Apple computer to chat with you online
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.
As far as I know you cannot turn the chromebox for meetings into a regular chromebox as it is a different device. You should still be able to use it though. Is there a specific function you want to do and cannot?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you can,I had that way before I restored it to factory condition.Can I just get my refund since you were unable to help
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please dont bother ,I'll just call my credit card company and get my refund that way
Customer: replied 5 months ago.