Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I bought a Lenovo U530 in september 2014 work. Yesterday, at

Customer Question

I bought a Lenovo U530 in september 2014 for my work.
Yesterday, at opening, one side of the hinge broke and this led to the crack of the display.
I cannot use it anymore since the functioning of the cursor is affected even after cancelling the touch screen feature.
Any advices ? Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.May I ask for which problem you are asking advice? I assume the problem is with "the functioning of the cursor". May I ask what is the specific issue with the functioning of the cursor?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jason,
The problem is not the cursor, the primary issue is the hardware problem with my Lenovo Laptop whose hinge broke and damaged the display. cracked.
I guess I went too fast reading the results of the browser. I thought you were from Lenovo.any retrofit campaign for this recurrent issue ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My second question is about the ransomware Locky. Should I pay to get my files back ?
We are not 'from' Lenovo. Please, define what your problem is.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks.
No thanks? I am sorry, but I don't understand your response. You never mentioned anything about the ransomware in the initial question. Do you have a 2nd duplicate question open?