Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

In Skype in Windows 10 laptop, incoming audio drags and is

Customer Question

In Skype in Windows 10 laptop, incoming audio drags and is garbled. Ive tested it on Skype's troubleshooting guide. When I remove my drive for external mouse, or when I insert it, sound immediately clears up but only momentarily before resuming the garbled nature. Got any ideas?
JA: The tech wizards we work with can certainly get to the bottom of any Skype issue, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: Tried all the troubleshooting I can find. In Windows 10 laptop, Skype audio is garbled (and slow on the test video). It's fine on the other end. When I remove the drive for my external mouse (or when I insert it), audio momentarily (like 2-3 seconds) clears up completely but then resumes garbled status. Ideas?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.
Do you mean, when you remove the external drive the sound clear up ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The sound clears up momentarily when the drive is inserted or when it is removed, but only momentary clarity. Then the static/garbled audio continues.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.
Then it is not the problem of the drive, can you try to access Skype from any other PC and let me know, if you face the same problem or not ?