Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I just completed a scan with the fix me stick. Now I cannot

Customer Question

I just completed a scan with the fix me stick. Now I cannot boot up my computer. The screen is black with a small box at the bottom. Vertical lines moving left to right through this box.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, what is the model/brand of your computer please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dell Inspiron 530
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Please restart your computer in safe mode : Restart the computer and Press the F8 key when you boot up and before the windows logo appears.You may need to press F8 a few times to catch it. Once you are in safe mode please restore your windows os by following the steps below : 1-Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools program group.2-Click on the System Restore program icon.3-Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.4-Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now. Let me know the resultsThank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried safe mode startup. I got a screen that was filled with windows files and a note that the files were loading then the system froze up???
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Please try the safe mode again, if it doesn't work please try safe mode with networking.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My computer is frozen and I cannot get to safe mode startup.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Please Open the computer's case and Try to Remove your cmos battery and reinstall it back. wait 5 minutes and restart your computer and check. if the problem persists Remove all your RAMs and reinsert them back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have the tools or knowledge to open my computer. If you do not have any further suggestions please cancel my account and refund the fee charged to my account. Thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hi! Since you are not comfortable opening or repairing the computer yourself, I would suggest that you have someone come to your house to fix the computer or take the computer to a local repair shop. If you provide your zip code, I can provide you with locations nearby or a computer that can come to your house.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
02891
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Would you prefer to have someone come to you or take it to a repair shop?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Take it to a repair shop
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Great! I would recommend taking the computer to PLG Computers at*****Westerly, RI 02891 Their number is(###) ###-####If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please advise when you have credited my account
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
I have helped you in resolving your issue; please take a minute to use the rating system to rate our session.