Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

How do I cancel any connections I have with Microsoft,

Customer Question

How do I cancel any connections I have with Microsoft, especially web site programs? I ask because many programs require that I divulge my Microsoft connection; and, whenever I try to comply Microsoft tells me that my User ID and password ***** invalid.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing, your microsoft account is called a Microsoft LIVE Account..The ONLY way to CANCEL (or deactivate an account) is to LOGIN to the account, and then make the cancel changes..However, if you are NOT able to LOGIN to that account....then there is NO WAY to CANCEL the account..You can create a NEW account....but you MUST use different identifying credentials.Such as, the email address, and phone number..I can also help you recover the password ***** your current account, if you like?
Would you rather try and recover the password, and continue to use the CURRENT account?.or.Would you rather open a NEW account? (remember that you must use NEW identifying informtaion, that is NOT in your current account)
Are you able to respond to my questions?