Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

How do you know if you really zapped the old driver? Win7 is

Customer Question

How do you know if you really zapped the old driver? Win7 is not as easy as XP!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Since I'm not sure what the other expert had you do, can you fill me in please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows7 refuses to print common text to any printer I hook up. It will print colors and graphics but not the black text,,, the printers I have used work fine on my laptop and an XP desktop,,, I've tried to kill the drivers but I'm not convinced it is happening.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
What I would do is to uninstall anything that is connected to that printer. Then reinstall the latest software from the manufacturer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've done that twice now and upon reinstalling the printer I get the same effect. How do you know if you really got rid of the old driver?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've tried using the spooler and direct print and fiddled with the print processors (only one really works). I've tried both HP and Cannon printers for same effect,,, its got to be in Win7 op system and I've even installed a 2nd install of 7!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm considering installing a new C: drive and starting all over,,, but I've got work to do and not enough time.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Well I would say the Windows uninstaller does not do a very good job of removing all the junk left behind when it comes to removing old software. You might want to try a 3rd party uninstaller to see if that makes a difference?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any ideas where to get a good UNinstaller?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Yup. Go to this LINK.