Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I purchased your Leveno laptop and tried window 10, so slow

Customer Question

I purchased your Leveno laptop and tried window 10, so slow at startup, what to do? how do I go back to 8.1 without losing my precious pics and more, without a clean install! Also say I need to activate windows 10 , no key code only the installed window 8.1 key code!! Please help I\,m LOST!!! Scared to try anything new in fear of making it worse than what it is!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.
If you upgraded to windows 10 in the last 30 days you can put it back easily click on start menuclick settingsclick update and securityclick recoverythen select GO BACK TO WINDOW 8 it will still know the key code for the old windows 8. You wont have to put anything in. This is a special recovery that microsoft puts in so that it will put it back exactly the way it was before you upgraded.