Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

Can somebody help me find a part computer please at a low

Customer Question

Can somebody help me find a part for my computer please at a low price and good quality?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I can help you with this request. What kind of part are you looking for?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Sorry I posted it by mistake.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We are talking about a Lenovo ideapad hinge covers ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We are talking about a Lenovo ideapad hinge covers . Please,see if you can find something good quality for a good price.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 10 months ago.

Hello LegalEagle.....are you still looking for the hinge covers for the Lenovo?

Unfortunately, you cant make a RECOVERY email AFTER THE FACT.

.

Recovery emails are made either DURING the creation of the Gmail account, or you can also ADD a recovery email to your gmail account, WHILE you are logged in to the account. But you can NOT add a recovery email account to your gmail account, if you can NOT login to that gmail account.

.

Its like trying to change the locks on your house, without first unlocking the original lock. Doesnt work that way.

.

However, i may still be able to help.

.

Are you able to login to your Gmail account? [email protected]

Did somebody call you about this issue?

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

There are different models of the IdeaPad. Can you give me the model number? It will normally be printed on the bezel surrounding the screen, or on the bottom of the laptop.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lenovo ideapad Flex 10 model.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Is there possibly a model # ***** starts with a "U" like U310, U330, U410, U530, etc...?

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

The reason I ask is that as far as I can tell so far, there aren't separate hinge covers for that model. The hinge covers are part of the top cover.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is all I know as now. model 59407061
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Can you take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7HasjteT5Y

And let me know if this looks like your machine? And if so, can you point me to a time marker where you see what you are calling the hinge covers?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you got the right one in the video. Get back to me please when you find the hinge cover part for the computer with a good price to purchase it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sen me the links for the part. Please let it be several links if possible.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

This one is $16.99 with free shipping through a seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-10-20324-LCD-Back-Cover-10-1-1102-0085601-/151826966544?hash=item235997a810:g:Sp4AAOSwQTVWAvx7

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I asked about the hinge covers,not the whole back cover. Please. look some more to see what you see.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

That's why I asked you to watch the video and point out to me what you are referring to as the "Hinge Covers" because in that video there are no visible separate "Hinge Covers". If you can watch that video and give me a time marker or maybe a screenshot and describe which piece you are referring to, then I will be able to help you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
At about 3,00 minutes he has just taken the back cover off and right across from his right hand is the black hinge cover for the right . Where his left hand is at there is a black left hing cover across from his left hand on the left.His right pinkie is almost touch the black clover hinge at 3:01 minutes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

So are you referring to the points that I am pointing to with the red arrows in the following picture?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you got it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Now, seen from the front view, are these the same parts as pointed to in the previous picture?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think they are.
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

If that's the case, then the hinge covers are part of the front and rear bezels that contain the screen itself. As in they are physically molded to the plastic. So to replace a broken cover, you would need to replace the front bezel, top cover, or both. Can you take a picture of the broken area on your computer and send it to me here (using the paperclip icon)?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have the computer on me right now. but, this link look just like IT.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hEScEEkXEr0mBQiaa0Um7GI3ueUQYUuQq8x44fak63OrS_KhkyPhnsyLMYT6PpcPwLtejw=s116
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Below is a link that show some actual hinge covers. just remember you are looking for Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10.http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=electro_room&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1312.R1.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xlaptop.TRS1&_nkw=laptop+hinge+covers&_sacat=0
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, do you know of a great malwarebytes software under $15 or $20?

Yes. You can get malwarebytes for free.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you look up the picture of the hinges I sent you/
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you look up the picture of the hinges I sent you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO, not the hinge just the hinge cover. Please, find just the hinge cover.
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

okay, the Flex 14 and 15 has hinge covers that are separate from the back cover. the 10 is made together.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OKAY, WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND FOR ME PLEASE.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Something more like this will pobaably work but a Lenovo flex 10 parthttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-Flex-2-15-15-6-Hinge-Cover-Bezel-Trim-460-00Z07-0003-/331864256524?hash=item4d44a6b00c:g:GeYAAOSwnTJXAEKB

yes, that is the cover for the Flex 14 and 15, however the Flex 10 is a complete unit. The entire back is one piece and covers the hinges.

Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

Are you positive that you have the Flex 10? Back in my first reply to you I gave you a link to the back cover because as I (as well as another tech) have explained that the Flex 10 does not have separate Hinge Covers. The covers are part of the cover itself. So if you have missing hinge covers, then maybe you actually have a different model Flex?

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
see if you can find the part another place online.

okay, I will check on that for you.

The only other available option will be to get that directly from Lenovo>https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht074546

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wHAT IS A QUICK WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU IF NEED FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

You can save the link below or bookmark.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-randyboman/?rpt=3800

Thank you very much!