Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Microsoft sent me a code and said to check my email or junk

Customer Question

Microsoft sent me a code and said to check my email or junk mail and I can't find it in my email and I don't know how to check my junk mail.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just purchased this computer 5-20-16 and it came with Microsoft 10. I'm not extremely computer literate, this is my first home computer and I'm trying to get office for 1 month free.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you please provide your email address (just the part after the @ sign.) Thatbwill allow me to provide specific instructions for your email provider, for searching for the email.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
I believe that a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION, where I connect to your computer work on this as you watch, would be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue and I have offered this as a Premium Service. This is optional, and if you choose not to do this, I can try to find a way to help you here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Alison,I'd rather you help me find my junk mail here.Thank you,
Sharyl
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
That's fine. I'll be happy to. I need a little more information before I can be very helpful. Can you please provide your email address (just the part after the @ sign.) That will allow me to provide specific instructions for your email provider, for searching for the email. Also I will need to how you are accessing your email, for example do you use a third party app like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Eudora, or some other APP or do you just open a web browser and check your mail there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yahoo.com. I just open a web browser.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Great. Thank you. I have attached a screenshot of what you will see when logged into yahoo email via a web browser. Please note the SPAM folder in the list on the left hand side of the screen. That's what you're looking for. If you click on that you will see any mail that yahoo may have thought was junk. It's a good idea to check it once a week or so and just delete anything that really is SPAM. If you find messages there that aren't spam, click on the message to open it and then click on "NOT SPAM". This will move it to the inbox and future messages from that sender won't go to SPAM. If this have been helpful, please be kind and rate me (3 starts or more) so that I will be credited for my answer. If you have more questions, just let me know, Thank you!