GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I just want to renew JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

i just want to renew
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i was using free magic jack since one. year
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: and now i can just receive a call but not call
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me if anything has changed recently with your computer/network setup? For instance has your modem or router been replaced? Do you have a new computer?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
If there have been no changes to your modem, router , or computer, and this has just started to happen for no apparent reason, please try the standard troubleshooting procedures below:On your softphone, please do the following:Click "Menu" on the top right-hand cornerClick "Advanced Users"Click "Restart"If that does not work:Please check that your computer's date and time are correct.If that does not work:Please Click Here to download and run the upgrade.If that does not work:Disable any antivirus that may be running on your system and try again.If that does not work:Please open port 49152-65535 UDP on ALL firewalls and your router, ifyou have one. (Router ports can be opened via the web applicationapplicable to your router).Restart magicJack again by following the three steps above.How to access Web Application for routerStart > Run > Type in cmd > Press ENTERA command prompt will openType ipconfig > press ENTERMake note / write down name of the default gateway and IP addressOpen your Internet BrowserType in the default gateway IP (Example: in Username and PasswordFind "Port Forwarding" and Forward Port 49152-65535 UDP for the IP address you located earlier.Restart your magicJack and try again
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.If my instructions helped you to resolve the issue, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you! If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.