Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises

My computer won't start I did updates said it was undoing

Customer Question

My computer won't start I did updates said it was undoing them then said fatal error c0000034 help
Category: Computer
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 5 months ago.
When applying SP1 for windows 7 there is a specific error that can happen during reboot. If you get this error “Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation 282 of...”, follow the steps below to fix the SP1 installationReboot your computer while it’s starting up.When your computer starts up again, choose the option “Launch Startup Repair”If you do not have this module installed in the OS, you'll need a Win7 install disc that is the same architecture (i.e. 32 or 64-bit) as the OS installed. Just boot to the CD and go from there.When the Startup repair starts, click cancel.After you click cancel it will show a box. Click “Don’t Send”, then click the link “View advanced options for recovery and support”In the new window click Command Prompt at the bottom.In Command Prompt type this and press enter: %windir%\system32\notepad.exeNotepad will open. In notepad go to File–>Open.Change the type of files notepad views from .txt to All FilesNow in Notepad, go to C:\Windows\winsxs\ (or whichever drive Windows is installed on)In that folder, find pending.xml and make a copy of itJust copy and paste it in the same folder, this is just in case something happens to the original so you don't lose it.Now open the original pending.xmlIt will usually take a while to load because it's a huge file.Press CNTRL+F and search for the following exactly: 0000000000000000.cdf-msThat's sixteen (16) zeroes ;)Delete the following text (yours may be a little different):NOTE: Your PC might not have all 3 sections of code (, , ). Just make sure you delete section “Checkpoint” and whatever other sections have “000000000000000.cdf-ms”. They will be right next to eachother.Save the file, close notepad, close command prompt, restart your computer.Here is a video covering this: