Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

What site to go to have google recrawl my website? JA:

Customer Question

what site to go to have google recrawl my website?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Published an update on my websitee
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: its for my website
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

If you’ve recently made changes to a URL on your site, you can update your web page in Google Search with the Submit to Index function of the Fetch as Google tool. This function allows you to ask Google to crawl and index your URL.

Before you submit a URL, you might want to fetch (or fetch and render) it first to diagnose and debug any crawling or rendering errors with the page. Once Fetch as Google finishes processing your fetch, you can click Submit to Index to notify Google that your URL is ready to be re-crawled. Note that this function appears only if your fetch meets these criteria:

• Your fetch must have a complete, partial, or redirected fetch status.
  • Your fetch must use the Desktop or Mobile Smartphone Googlebot type.
  • Your fetch cannot be more than 4 hours old.

Google crawls and indexes the URL content as it is, after you click Submit. If you change the contents of a URL that has a pending submit request, your re-crawling results can differ from your current Fetch as Google results. Also, since Google re-crawls your page after you submit it, it doesn’t matter if the URL you submit was fetched with Fetch as Google with or without rendering.

Start the submit process by clicking Submit to Index to open a dialog in which you can request for Google to re-crawl and re-index your URL by following the steps below.

Ask Google to crawl and index your URL

1. Click Submit to Index, shown next the status of a recent, successful fetch in the Fetches Table.
  2. Select Crawl only this URL to submit one individual URL to the Google for re-crawling. You can submit up to 500 individual URLs in this way within a 30 day period.
  3. Select Crawl this URL and its direct links to submit the URL as well as all the other pages that URL links to for re-crawling. You can submit up to 10 of requests of this kind within a 30 day period.
  4. Click Submit to let Google know that your request is ready to be processed.

Once you submit your URL, you might need to wait some time for Google to process your request as well as crawl and index the page. Also, understand that we can't guarantee that Google will index all your changes as Google relies on a complex algorithm to update indexed materials.

Hope that helps!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hello again! It's been awhile since we chatted, and I wanted to follow up and make sure that the solution I provided worked for you? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know?

Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing back from you!