Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

When trying to access masoneasypay.com I keep getting a page

Customer Question

when trying to access masoneasypay.com I keep getting a page cannot be displayed any sugestions
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi Vincent! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I've verified that masoneasypay.com's website is up and operational, so the issue must be local to your PC. Do you have trouble accessing any other websites you are aware of? What happens if you go here: https://www.zoho.com/?

Thanks in advance for your answers to the above. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was able to go to the website you gave me and yes this is the only site iam having problems with

Do you have a firewall installed (it would most likely be included with your Antivirus package)? Does the problem persist if you temporarily disable your firewall? If you need assistance with the latter, please let me know what security package you have installed and I'll provided directions on how to temporarily disable it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I turned off the firewall and still cannot access the web page

Let's try to find out where your connection to the masoneasypay.com is failing. To do this, we're going to run a utility built-in to Windows called tracert.

Click START, and then select RUN. When the "Run" dialog window pops up, type in CMD and press ENTER. This will open your command prompt window. There, type tracert masoneasypay.com.

In the window, then, you'll see information start appearing which shows the internet routing information for this website. It will look something like this:

1 3ms 5ms 5ms 192.168.0.1

2 24ms 16ms 5ms 140.51.65.234

...etc. This shows you each server your computer is communicating with on the way to the website in question. In your case, you should start seeing "timeout" messages somewhere along the way. When you do, please let me know all of the information from the line immediately preceeding the timeout...that will give us some indication of where your connection to this website is breaking.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
6 request timeout 7 * 42ms chp-brdr-04.quest.net [67.14.8.238] 8 44ms 45ms 44ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [213.248.85.29] 9 44ms 45ms 45ms cloudflare-ic-306330-chi-b21.c.telia.net [62.115-4410] 1044ms 45ms 44ms 141.101.115.9

Great! That information tells us that the problem isn't anything in your home (not your computer, not your connection) and is not anything at the website's end. You just happen to be hitting a "bad" server in transit.

We can try to navigate around this issue by changing your computer's DNS servers. This will, in short, give you a different path to getting out on the world wide web, and may cause a different routing table to be used to access the site in question. We're going to configure your computer to use Google's public DNS.

To do this on Windows 7:

1. Go to the Control Panel.
  2. Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
  3. Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:

• To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection > Properties.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection >Properties.

If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.

4. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.

5. Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
  8. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
    • For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
    • For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
  9. Restart your computer after saving the above settings.

When that's done, try to access your website again. Is it working now? Please let me know either way. Thanks!

Hello again! It's been awhile since we chatted, and I wanted to follow up and make sure that the problem you were having when trying to access masoneasypay.com has been resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know?

Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing back from you!