Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I am getting an error installing WP OFFICE X3 PRO- says it

Customer Question

i am getting an error installing WP OFFICE X3 PRO- says it cannot find and wants to verify that i can see it and access it. only offers retry and cancel. i checked - the file is there and i can open it in windows explorer- please advise how to get the install to proceed- BIG thanks, Mike
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Mots likely this is a permissions issue, or a UAC issue. if youd like, I can connect to your computer from here and work directly on repairing the issue and getting WP OX3 to install. If im unsuccessful, youd be entitled to a full refund. Ive sent the offer for remote support, once accepted I will send the connection steps. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am logged in as an admin. I dont believe its a UAC issue
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
What you could try and do, is install the take ownership right click context option. This link will show you how Then, right click the folder that this file is located in Right click and choose take ownership. Then, right click the WP Office x3 setup / installer file, and run it as an administrator. ( even if you are already logged in as an administrator) Does that fix the issue? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took ownership of the file and the folder of the sourcefile for install and ran as administrator , with the same negative result. Thank you for your time, however i am terminating this session as incomplete.I will resolve the issue through alternate means. Goodbye.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Ive seen this exact error before multiple times, and that , or a variation usually fixes the issue. Since you dont want to continue, I will opt out. Dustin S
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
try putting it in the same folder as the install file you can also try downloading another copy from this page in case that one is corrupted