Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am running windows 10 on a gateway laptop the model is

Customer Question

I am running windows 10 on a gateway laptop the model is lt41p06u if that will help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: windows*****lt41p06u upon booting up it just wont even turn on it clicks and pops but still have the black screen of death
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: how can I boot this computer into safe mode if I can
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Question, was the computer dropped, or did it have anything spilled on it, or was there a recent electrical storm or power failure? Anything that might have caused the issue? Also, when you cay it clicks and pops when you turn it on, does it ever show anything at all on the screen? Dustin S.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no nothing at all, just a total blank screen I don't believe it was dropped at all I was in the process of downloading windows 10 and the damn thing just went black !!! have not been able to do anything with it since
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I hope its not the hard drive
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if you can get me into safe mode and I think I will be ok inside of safe mode,
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Its difficult to get into safe mode on windows 10.. But we can try. First, we need to get it into the bios. To get started, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then, wait ten seconds then power the machine on. then, rapidly tap the f1 or f2 key.. that should take you into the bios settijngs. Check the advanced boot and security windows. Were looking for fast boot, and secure boot We need to disable both, and then save the settings and exit. Then rapidly tap the f8 key when the computer is starting, this should take you to the troubleshooting screen. Go into advanced, troubleshooting, and choose either system restore, or return to a previous build of windows. Either one should undo the damage from the windows 10 update. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.