Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

How do I recover the proper hardware acceleration in my

Customer Question

How do I recover the proper hardware acceleration in my "recovered" Vista" OS?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
You shouldnt have to do that if you mean the cpu speedwhat exactly are you trying to do when you are asked to put in the hardware accelaration?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You are the expert! You tell me.
I will be happy to do so. But i am trying to understand exactly what you mean by hardware accelaration it does not usually have to do with the operating system such as vista You can sometimes set it under the bios setup where you hit the key that says setup when the computer starts before windows loadsor there might be graphics acceleration that can be set through a utility program that comes with the graphics card So i am wondering why you feel that you have to set it if you are not sure what it is
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't add any more. I'm still waiting for an answer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
far the "satisfaction" is 0%.
ok you are probably talking about the graphics accelaration Choose Start > Control Panel.In the Appearance and Personalization section, click Adjust Screen Resolution.Click Advanced Settings.On the Troubleshooting tab, click Change Settingsthere will be a slider that can turn the acceleration up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Vista is on another platform, Robert. let my check it out and get back with you, later. I'm busy with another project right now. Let me know (by email) when is a good time to get back with you. Richard
i will be on and off tonight as i am heading for dinner. But you can just post in here and i will get back to you as soon as i see it. If you want to pay a little bit more i can get you my cell phone number as it is i think that is what you are looking for and it should be pretty straight forward. I just ask that if it does work you give me an excellent rating. Your rating is the only way that i can receive any credit for my work from this website. thanks