Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Locked out of my aol, i think someone stole it, i have calle

Customer Question

locked out of my aol, i think someone stole it, i have calle 6 times its not my info except my name now
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: 2 weeks AT Least i think longer, i dont use it often but do have some sensitive info on it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: i hate aol...jerks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
can you get into your aol email ?can you send and receive ?what exactly is missing? is it your old emails or your contact list or something else ?are you using the aol desktop or going to aol.com in a web browser.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i cant get in AT ALL my verifications have been changed
It is going to be very difficult or impossible to get in if you cant use any of the methods that they have for verifying your identity.the one way that you could do it other than that is if you were paying for the account and you could use your billing information to confirm your identity. If it is a free account the truth is they don't make enough money from you to give you individual attention. It is just not cost effective for them to have to deal with all the people with these kinds of issues if they cant do it automatically by computerized help. Financially it is more profitable to them if you just left than if they have to assign a tech to help you. That being said you can try emailing this account and tell them that it has been hacked and all your security information changed***@******.*** i won't swear they will help but that is the department that handles those things. Otherwise your best bet might be to just make a new account. and use the newer security methods such as gmail offers where you can't change things like the password ***** an ok from your cell phone.