Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

I have a new HP desktop (8 months) and i tried to reboot it

Customer Question

I have a new HP desktop (8 months) and i tried to reboot it and all it would do is beep. it was a series of 3 long and 4 short beeps. It just beeps and will not come on.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Have you installed any new software recently or made any hardware changes?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

The beep codes usually mean a hardware failure of some kind. The codes can change depending on the model but most likely unless you have some experience with computer repair you will not be able to fix this yourself.

What I would suggest you do is contact HP warranty support. Since it is only 8 months old you should still be under warranty.

Go to the following page and enter the information requested:

HP should be able to repair this for you at no cost but I can't say for sure because without seeing the computer myself I cannot say what exactly is the problem other then that it is most likely a hardware issue that will require internal parts to be replaced.

Contact HP and they should be able to get it fixed for you at no charge.

Please take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated.

Thank you,