Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design

When i open my asus x502c i have to type a password... i

Customer Question

when i open my asus x502c i have to type a password... i dont have this password
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: running on win 7
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: black screen whit blue box in middel ask me to enter password
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: no, i dont know this password... just came up..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. Hold down the power button of the laptop untill it power off. Then power On and pres and Release the F2 key continuously. Can you enter to the system BIOS settings ? RegardsJins
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing happens
Okay, power off the system again and power back on. This time hold down the Fn key and press f2 key continuously. Please note you shoud press the keys immediately after you power on the system
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, still same... asks me for password
It seems somebody set a password ***** the BIOS and it will not go past that and boot to Windows without entering that password. You can't clear a BIOS password ***** it is a security measure for data security. So you need to contact nearest Asus store. After verifying your ownership they can flash the BIOS and remove the password. You need to provide proof of your ownership of the system, because they need to ensure it is not a stolen system. I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. RegardsJins