Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am having problems launching Ark Survival Evolved through

Customer Question

I am having problems launching Ark Survival Evolved through Steam. It gets to "Worlds End" and fails to launch. We have lowered all settings; have plenty of space available; uninstalled and reinstalled the games/updates.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am playing on my Alienware PC, which runs Windows 10.Here is a description of what I have done.1. I was playing Ark Survival Evolved as a Single Player and opened a Chat Box. In the chat box I typed this code, "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Dodo/Dodo_Character_BP.Dodo_Character_BP'". A Dodo bird then appeared. I finished playing and logged out.2. Then the game updated.3. The next time I logged in the game failed to launch. I choose Single Player on the server named, Play Ark Survival Evolved. The game goes to launch and is stuck loading on, "World End".4. Here is a list of all solutions that I have tried,A. Uninstall Ark and Reinstalled.B. Asked the game to launch in Windows 8.C. Uninstalled Windows most recent update.D. Closed all background games, apps, etc., to ensure space.E. Applied all "low" settings for the game to launch.F. Taken the game off of shared Wifi and placed on private MiFi.G. Singed up for a new Steam Account. Re-purchased the game under a new Steam account.H. Tried to launch on alternate servers.I. Tried to launch on Multi-Player.J. Uninstalled Battle Eye tried to relaunch.K. Allowed several hours for the game to try and launch.The game will not launch. It freezes at the "World End" stage of loading the game and I have to use the Task Manager to close the game because it is unresponsive.I have exhausted all options that I know of and need assistance.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.
if an update broke it and it worked recently try doing a system restore to a time when it was working System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10hold the windows logo key and hit Rin the box that appears typerstrui.exehit enter select restore to an earlier date. Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTEDchoose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problemhit ok / restorethe computer will start to shut down a restoring settings box will appear with a status barwhen it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected. It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.