Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Installed programs on new computer.. unfortunately also

Customer Question

installed programs on new computer.. unfortunately also accepted 2nd verification for Google ..do not remember this but now cannot get google/gmail on cell phone or tablet without code . Tried the google solution but wont work as I am traveling.and no longer use same phone # ***** Also do not want a second email.. one is enough. Can you help get rid of code or suggest another solution
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo check, you have no access to the phone number at all anymore that is assigned to the account correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My old home phone number is ***** sure if they have US cell number I may have used it when I installed new programs..... turning phone on will cost big time. Am in Canada now & have Canadian phone for here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there some where on my Google account I can go toup date data if necessary ..I can get on google via computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Not until you sign into your account, its the whole point of the security, or is someone able to sign in on a computer at your home you signed into before?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My original computer got fried by an electrical surge..
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, you need to enable the phone with the number you assigned to the account, and have the code sent to it, its the only way.