Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

I forgot my password ***** the WD MYBook JA: When did you

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** the WD MYBook
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: When I bought it, I think
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Alright. I have to access to the external hard drive. can't get to it at all.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I was trying to see if I can recover some music tracks I think are stored on the disk
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist!
To recover your password, try this: Recovery ButtonPressing the recovery button while powering up the device resets the admin username and password ***** default without erasing shared folders or volumes. Therecovery button also resets network configuration to DHCP (obtain an IP addressautomatically). Follow the instructions below to reset the device using the recoverybutton.1. Turn off the device and disconnect all cables from the unit.2. Insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the recovery slot on the back of theunit. Press and hold down the recovery button.3. While continuing to hold down the recovery button, connect the power cable tothe back of the unit.4. Hold the recovery button down until 10 seconds after the power/activity LEDlights on the front of the device, then release the button. The unit may take up tothree minutes to boot up completely.Note: The default user name is ***** ***** the default password ***** *****
Let me know if this helps you out!