Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Quite by mistake upgraded to Windows 10. Don't know how it

Customer Question

Quite by mistake upgraded to Windows 10. Don't know how it happened. Came back from running errand and it was installing. Cannot find my game of solitaire formerly installed on PC
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I didn't actually request Windows 10 upgrade. Must have clicked one of the VERY annoying dialogue boxes that have been popping up on my computer for 'weeks' before running errand. All I know is when I came home from running an errand - Windows 10 was installing. Am simply unable to find out how to access my game of solitaire that was installed prior to installation of Windows 10.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: Nothing other than I have contacted my Geek Squad tech for assist because my Dell backup and recovery system isn't compatible with Windows 10.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did you upgrade to Windows 10?Would you like to go back to your previous working Windows version?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
If you'd like to get rid of Windows 10 and to get back to your previous working Windows version, please do the following steps:- Click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery. Then there, you can select the option to go back to your previous Windows version and continue.- Or if you'd like to get your Solitaire game, etc. working on Windows 10, please let me know.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.