Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I had a Skype account with money in my account. I recently

Customer Question

I had a Skype account with money in my account. I recently lost all my data and have had to reconfigure my computer. How do I get back to my original Skype account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Do you have installed Skype after reconfiguring the computer ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. Have been trying to download the application without success. The page I was on was totally unresponsive.
I dont have a smart phone so only want to use Skype on my computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
OK, I will try to help you.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Please try to download the program from the link below and let me know, how it goes for you. https://download.skype.com/macosx/64fe9bdae69c5e0cfc57f575fa3935b0/Skype_7.28.316.dmg
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't download from that link.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In fact the link wont open
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
I can directly connect with your PC by remote support, if you wish and accept the offer for the additional service and help you to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I seem to be going round in circles. Received a message saying that the link i was trying to download would seriously damage my computer.
Am not prepared to invest yet more money by allowing remote control access (no offence to you implied!!!).
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
OK, no problem. I don't know why did you got the message, here is another link , please try it and let me know. https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-mac/
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That link takes me to the application I was trying to download after you asked me if Skype had been reinstalled on my computer which generated the warning. I have to leave off now – I have an early morning meeting tomorrow and must get some sleep, but will get back to you if I make any further progress; Thanks for trying to help/
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
OK, we will start from fresh tomorrow.