Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

On my desktop computer a windows 7 the computer converted to

Customer Question

on my desktop computer a windows 7 the computer converted to windows 10 now i get a screen that shows the windows logo and asks for a password ***** my name. I never had a password ***** get onto the computer other than the ones i have tried a # ***** the words lotuseuropa I am locked out of my work computer now.
JA: A password ***** huh? It happens to all of us! Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you did the upgrade it would have asked you to use a microsoft account or create one, to complete the upgrade. Can you recall the account you used?Please let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
last night, the computer has been asking to upgrade me for free for a long time and i guess i somehow gave it permission
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
yes, but I need to know please, hen you did the upgrade it would have asked you to use a microsoft account or create one, to complete the upgrade. Can you recall the account you used?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont think it asked it i have a password ***** the surface pro but that did not work ...there were no passwords for windows back then.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, your message is not too clear...I'll try to ask a different way, what is the user account you see when it is asking you to sign in.It will be an email address.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It doesn't ask for an account other than Robert but any email address would be***@******.***. ..unless my wife set up something years ago with another email or maybe my old non work email?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Robert,On the screen asking you to enter a password, you see AN EMAIL ADDRESS there, this I need to know, not what it may be but would it isThis is what I have been asking for. Maybe it is easier if I call?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On the train now will take a picture of the screen later and send to you...how to do...
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, though just read off the email address and tell me it here.