Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am having to use headphones to hear my computer. A window

Customer Question

I am having to use headphones to hear my computer. A window sometimes appears saying that it was unable to start the Dolby audio driver, then it says to reinstall the driver.
When I purchased this machine the programs were installed. How do I/we solve this problem?
Regards Alan...
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there Alan and welcomeCan you tell me please the make and model of the computer? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My machine is a Lenovo G505
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you AlanCan you click on my link below please and download and install the latest Audio Driverhttps://support.lenovo.com/nl/en/olddownloads/ds035754Click on download now, and run the file once it has been downloaded.Complete the installation, restart the computer and tell me if you now have sound correctly please.