Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer

My Quickbooks POS 9.0 won't open. It says "cannot initialize

Customer Question

My Quickbooks POS 9.0 won't open. It says "cannot initialize licence environment. Internal error:
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My computer decided to update to windows 8 overnight and now it is giving me this error.
JA: You'd be surprised how many people have questions about Windows. Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, Please completeley uninstall the program from your computer and restart your computer then reinstall it. Let me know if you need further assitance Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Won't that erase everything I already have in the program?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
No it will not affect your data, that is held in a separate file so reinstalling the program does not affect it.thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
Has everything worked out please?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
If you need further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars , positive ratings are appreciated. If you still need help please reply back to me. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.regards, Note : Only rate if you are satisfied with my help, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.