Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have had Panda Life time Security since 2013. I never got

I have had Panda Life time Security since 2013. I never got a pin number. I got a call from ***** ***** to say something about the company closing and I was to get $199. They made a mistake sending it and I spent two days and banks. They wanted me to give them 800 and they would give me a thousand I hung up They kept calling but I never answered and never called Panda again. I did not want to have any more problems with themt
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: hey were very persistant. The bank called it a scam.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Just to clarify a person called ***** ***** called and told you that some company is closing and they want you to take their security program so that your pc will be protected also they wanted you to pay them for their service am i correct,if not please explain?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you still need my help.Please let me know.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hi! The person "Steve" that called you was not from the company that you thought he was. "Steve" is a scammer who is trying to extort money from you. I would suggest that you contact your bank and cancel your debit card if you used it with him then file a dispute for the transaction. Once he realized that you would pay the $199, he tried to get more money from you which is why he will keep calling or he will have another scammer call you. I am sorry that this happened to you but please contact your bank ASAP to file fraud charges so you can regain the money back. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.