Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a galaxy S5 and I am a pet sitter whose clients have

Customer Question

I have a galaxy S5 and I am a pet sitter whose clients have all given me their wifi passwords so I can email pics and updates of their pets when they are out of town. No problems doing that for about 4 months after getting the phone, then all of a sudden I could no longer get connected on about 7 of my clients wifi. I had a Kindle tablet that would connect. I thought it was probably an issue with my phone and was not overly concerned. I recently purchased a Samsung tablet and discovered that I am having the exact same issue with my tablet with the same clients. I cannot get connected on their wifi. When I try to connect I get a box that wants me to enter the password ***** the password ***** says:(unchanged). If I try to put in the password ***** as soon as I type in the first letter, the "connect" tab on the lower right fades and will not work. I have hit "forget" on the lower left to try to start over and that will not work either. Any ideas why I am having this weird problem and what I can do about it? No one seems to be able to figure this out or how to help me at all.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeAre you able to connect to any wifi networks at all? Is it just these 7 networks with the problem?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes, I can connect to the majority of my clients, about 20 others.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ThanksAre you at a place now you cannot connect to?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I am at home. All works fine here.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ok, your payment failed, can you try to accept here for the phone call please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean payment failed?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
You requested a phone call, but your payment did not go through, usually because your credit card company blocked it.Do you wish to resolve this with them or continue here via messaging?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is taking longer than I thought and I am beginning to feel uncomfortable with you guys too. I am cancelling this request from you. And I will be contacting my credit card company to make sure there are no charges. If you are legit, sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ok, but I must admit its a strange style of working...We were communicating, you requested the additional service of me calling you.I told you its an additional cost, else we can continue here, and now you reply in this method....I am not sure why you just did not continue communicating with me here.But of course that's your decision.I wish you all the best resolving the problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Like I said, I got uncomfortable.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ok no problem