Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Microsoft automatically downloaded Windows 10 last night. Now

Customer Question

Microsoft automatically downloaded Windows 10 last night. Now I cannot access certain programs, like solitare, which had a desktop shortcut, and an app on my Fidelity account. In fact I cannot even find the drop-down list for all my programs. How can I restore Windows 7 on my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. If you want to roll back to the earlier version of Windows that you were using, please carry out the following steps: Click on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen, and then click "Settings". In the Settings window, click "Update and Security". Next, click on "Recovery" on the left, and then click "Go back to Windows 7" on the right. Follow the on-screen prompts; after the process is completed, you will be rolled back to Windows 7 itself. If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.And, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the stars at the top of this page to rate my service, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.
Hello Nicholas and welcome.You can only use the 32 bit version as your CPU is x86 architecture only, it doesn't support 64 bit memory addressing.Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.
Please disregard last message as it was intended for another customer.
Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.
Hi again, Please follow the directions as enlisted in my earlier reply above on this page, and let me know if you run into any issues. Thank you.