Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am living near Bayala in Kwa Zulu Natal South Africa.The

Customer Question

My name is Anne ****-*******. I am living near Bayala in Kwa Zulu Natal South Africa.The computer I am using is a Hewlett Packard Laptop 620. It was given to me by my nephew Roy ***** when he purchased a Mac. In August 2014 I took a one year international teaching contract at the American International School of Ningbo, in China. My two step verification was linked to my China mobile number. This was +861(###) ###-#### ***** personal email address was***@******.*** In July 2015 I returned to South Africa to get married on the 24th July. We went on a long honeymoon and during this time I did not use my email. When we returned home I could not remember my password ***** my mobile phone which had the password ***** was stolen whilst on vacation. I have since been trying to gain access to this email as many of my important professional correspondence is filed and saved in this email account. I have filled in numerous forms and had to fill in numerous questionaires and still cannot gain entrance to this account. I n view of this I had to create an new gmail account and did so in my married name which is now Anne ****-******* *********. For a wedding present my husband bought me a macbook air and so I registered my new email from that computer which I now use when travelling and keep my Hp 620 as a desktop at home. This email address is***@******.***. PLEASE can you help me to regain access to my***@******.*** account. It also has so many contacts of colleagues and friends from my year in China and it is distressing not to be in contact with so many of these people. So please give me the chance of resetting my 2 step verification to my present South African smart phone. I am a Vodacom service provider user. My smart phone number is ***** 79(###) ###-#### ***** can provide you with my marriage certificate with pleasure.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, if your phone was stolen, you are still able to get a new SI card with the same number that you can use for the recovery process.

Are you able to get this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I am not able to get a new SI card which would have this number as I have bought a smart phone to replace that one.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, have you filled in this form yet and if so, what was the exact response?

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2?p=

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My problem has to do with the fact that Google think Anne MariePitt- Kennedy and Anne Marie Macdonald are two different people. They will not give me the opportunity to re-establish access to my a.pittkennedy account by letting me create a new password. I have explained this fully in my question. My husband has ALREADY paid you 840 South African rand off his MasterCard and you keep quoting a new amount which must be paid. Subsequently we had a face to face interview with Brett Poupard representing the company Neotek ISP Computers I would like you to accept Brett as representing me as he has greater insight into how to proceed. Logically all that needs to be fine us that Google be contacted directly and they must be able to talk to someone like Brett who can verify the fact that I got married in July, then created a new gmail in my married name viz. Anne Marie Macdonald; went on a honeymoon vacation during which time my cheap SmarthPhone purchased in China during my year teaching there, I needed a new battery and as I had returned to South Africa in July there was no where here that has parts for this phone so I used my old Nokia. This Nokia was stolen with all my passwords for my email accounts. At present I am needing to access old emails connected with recruiting for a new teaching assignment. I have 2 gmail accounts;a yahoo account I had to have in China as gmail accounts are banned in China and we had to purchase a VPN account in order to use a gmail account whilst living in Ningbo China. I also have a***@******.*** which was the first email I ever owned and I acquired it whilst teaching in Oxford in the United Kingdom.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
EDITS: all that needs to be done is...
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Ok, but you did not reply on if you had filled in the form on the link I gave?

Have you done this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Richard we will have to put this on hold until next week. My 95 year old mother is in intensive care and she is my first priority right now. I will contact you after this coming weekend and hopefully I will have a clearer picture by then. Thank you for your follow up.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

No problem and I hope all goes well with your Mother.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Richard sorry for the delay my mother is still with us. Connecting remotely is not going to facilitate a positive outome as this is not a computer problem per we. It is only going to be solved by you communicating directly to the Google customer service line and explaining that from August 2014 to June 30th 2015 I was teaching at the American International School of Ningbo China. I had the 2 step verification security code activated on my Coolpad Smart Phone purchased in China. My Chinese mobile number was +861(###) ###-#### ***** I returned to South Africa I was remarried on the 24th July 2015 and now my new South African Samsung Smart Phone number registered for Google's 2 step verification is +27 79(###) ###-#### ***** presume that Google was sending my 2 step verification to the China listing. So this is not a computer problem it is simply that Google will not give me access to my own email account of***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Gmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Google states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Google has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.