Stefan T
Stefan T, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  PC Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I can't get my Lenovo - CE0700 to shut down. I can charge

Customer Question

I can't get my Lenovo - CE0700 to shut down. I can charge the unit. Seems to be locked in a loop that causes it to go to the third screen. I shut it down but it just starts again to the same point. I was on vacation in a very sunny location so it was hard to see if an application was closed. I took several videos. My son-in-law (who knows much more than me) said I maxed out the memory which was the problem. I went to a business in my neighbourhood for help but they didn't hold out much hope to recover the files. The files, especially the videos we took on vacation are more important to me than the unit. Is there anyway these can be recovered?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.

I am Stefan and will be glad to help. So you cant turn it on or off?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It goes thru the first three screen of the opening sequence and freezes. I push power, it turns off and then on again a few seconds later. I can charge it. I think it went completely flat before this happened. It may have been left on in video mode. I was in very bright light and couldn't see the screen properly. My main worry is that I will loose my vacation pictures both still and video.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Since I can't turn it on I don't know if you could help that way.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.

If you really need your files I can recommend a great company that can recover your data if you like.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just saw your response. Since the unit will not turn on you can't connect. Just tried to turn on but battery is flat again. I guess I will just have to factory reset and loose all my photos. Do not want to continue session since you have been unable to help me. I am not satisfied with the service. Disappointing.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.

Like I said if you like I can give you info to a data recovery company. A good computer shop should also be able to pull the drive and back it up. Then you can reset the computer but have data backed up.

Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.

Don't forget to give me rating of 3+ to credit my work.