Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Windows 10 does not recognize

Customer Question

Windows 10 does not recognize my 500 GB SimpleTech external hard drive on startup. I have to unplug and replug the power cord from the SimpleTech hard drive after start up to get Windows 10 to recognize the SimpleTech. Can you help me Please!
JA: You'd be surprised how many people have questions about Windows. Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: When I started Disc manager s/w the external hard Drive show up. And after I replug the power cord it works fine but the next time I startup Windows 10 refuses to recognize the Simple Tech external hard drive.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. The USB ports may be turning off by default to save power. I can instruct you in changing that if would like to check it out?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
let'sgo! I'm impatient so far with process!
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
My apologies for the delay, but I lost connection with you since my original response. Right click on the start button and select task manager then let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Return my $5.00 fee. This looks and feels like a giant scam. I intend to cancel the charge to my credit card. If I do not receive confirmation of the reversal I will disavow the original charge. I'm done with you!
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
I have sent a request for refund for you.