How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr.Med Your Own Question
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 1253
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Mr.Med is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Simpletech portable hard drive, a few years old (320GB).

Customer Question

I have Simpletech portable hard drive, a few years old (320GB). I was copying some picture from my camera and computer for last couple of hours, everything going fine, then my foot go caught in power cord to hard drive and it pulled HD off my desk to floor. It was only about 3 foot drop onto carpet, but now, unit is making clicking sound and blue lights come on for a couple of seconds when I power HD on but it doesn't register now as drive on computer when I plug into USB and doesn't seem like unit is working. I have tons of family pictures on this drive, ten years worth. Please tell me there is some way to get the unit working to getting the information off?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, there is a few option you can try : First try to remove internal drive from enclosure and connect directly to a computer.Change the USB cable and/or the power cord you are using to connect your external hard drive to the computer.Try downloading "R Studio", this program is sometimes capable of reading damaged hard drives and recovering data.If you still have problem conencting your Hard Drive to the computer, then i would suggest to take your drive to a service center. I suggest this option so that there will be no more further complications will be generated with your drive. Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
This is the honest answer i give you, If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars , positive ratings are appreciated. Note : Only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate ana answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied, If you still need help please reply back to me. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.regards,

Related Computer Questions