Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

Have windows 8 interprise how do i make it legal i like windows

Customer Question

have windows 8 interprise how do i make it legal i like windows 8 had windows 10 downloaded to my laptop back in oct two weeks later a virus hit it and microsoft techs could not fix it io trashcanned it this is my desk top i had windows vista installed in it when i bought it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

In order to make your copy of Windows 8 legal, you will need to acquire an unused license key for the product. These are typically purchased from an electronics retailer. Official retail sales of Windows 8 ended last fall, but the product can still often be found for sale by way of independent parties. For instance, here is a listing of the product for sale (through a third party) at Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Windows 8.1 Professional Full Version

Alternatively, specialized computer shops like NewEgg.com still offer the OEM version of Windows 8.1 for sale, but do be aware that these versions come with licensing restrictions (for instance, you cannot transfer the license to a new PC when your current one is replaced):

NewEgg.com Windows 8.1 OEM Version

I hope that helps!

Hello! It's been awhile since we chatted, but I wanted to make sure I was able to fully address your question? Please let me know!

Hello again! It's been awhile since we chatted, and I wanted to follow up and make sure that the solution I provided worked for you? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know?

Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing back from you!