Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I bought a Paradox 9 download which seemed to work -- at least

Customer Question

I bought a Paradox 9 download which seemed to work -- at least it started;but the apps I have came from version7(I think) I copied the old working directory and put it in the new version 9 directory with the intention of assigning it as the new working directory when I am in Paradox: Problem? now it won't even start; says "damaged or missing working directory" I it looking for a particular file or checksum or something that I can fix? I have about five years of data entry in the set of tables as well as the three years required to create the forms and reports! Can someone help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected
Can i start a remote session with your computer to study more about issue?
If you are willing, request you to download and run below tool on your computer..http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0f2864cb-7fbf-40df-afaf-8ade9e534fccProcedure:1: Click above link2: Click "I Agree"3: Click "Download"4: Download and run file
Are you there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm looking for any answers the tech (s) developed for the Paradox upgrade problem. All I see is some condolances and requests to remotely log into my computer. But have any ansers or guesses or suggestions been submitted that may help me? All I have for answers is the charge against my credit card. If there are no justanswers,then I wish to submit an alternate issue -- my mouse is eratic;acts as if some wires are intermittant, same as the trackballs that the mouse replaced: is there some way to test a USB port; such as hooking two ports together with some routines to send on #1, receive on #2 and compare(counting errors and reporting error rate and data rates)