Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

As to replacing the hard disk drive in a Acer ax1700. Where

Customer Question

As to replacing the hard disk drive in a Acer ax1700. Where would one find a recovery disk
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Are you thinking of trying to recover your original Vista to a new drive?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Since I have not received a response from you I will need to move on to assist other customers. Please respond to me at your convenience and I will return to assist you as soon as possible.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
you can get a new larger drive. the only issues would be that it has to be either a sata or ide whichever the original was. AND it has to physically fit in the spot that the original fit. There are a few standard sizes physically you just have to know which you have. As for size 1 TB is almost double what you have now and those are very cheap these days. Anything by western digital or seagate would be fine as they have been the leaders in disk drives for years now. The best place to get the recovery disk would be from Acer. As you already purchased the computer with windows they will sell it to you for pretty much the price of shipping and handling rather than charging for the windows operating system. You can order one on this page if you know your serial number from the computer