Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hoi, I lost a few hours of work using Google docs.. I checked

Customer Question

Hoi, I lost a few hours of work using Google docs.. I checked the revisions but it is not there. Any advise ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: PS We were working with a mac and a pc using the same profile in the same doc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: i crashed out of my session (do not know why) and I found that a few hours of revisions were just not there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, can you check if the document still on google drive, please login to your gmail account thenclick on the link below : https://drive.google.com/drive/search?q=type:document let me know the resultsThank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still in the document. I have a version of 23:07 and one of 20:00 local time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
many in between versions are missing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the 23:07 has two versions the 20:00 has 58. The text I know should be in there is not there in any of the versions. I did scroll up to the latest in the 20:00 series
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Open your documentClick File > See revision history.Click a timestamp in the panel on the right to see a previous version of the file.In the top right, use the arrows to scroll through the list of changes.Note: Text that has been added will be highlighted in a different color. Text that has been deleted will be shown with a strikethrough.To revert to the version you're currently viewing, click Restore this revision.To return to the current version of your document, click the back arrow in the top left.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The problem is that the two latest versions do not include the information neither do the 58 older ones.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
You can also see what new changes have been added to the file.Open your document.If there are new changes, click the See new changes button to the right the "Help" menu. You can also click File > See new changes.In the top right, use the arrows to scroll through the list of changes.To see the revision history while viewing the new changes, click See full history in the top right. let me know if you need further assistanceThank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done that no difference
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
I fear I am not making progress with this case so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets.If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeHow are you accessing the Docs? Via your web browser? And which one?Or via another method?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I used a browser. My wife used Safari on a Mac. I used Internet Explorer on a PC
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok, on Internet Explorer Click on the start then Tap or click the History tab,Look there around the time of the alterations to the document and see if this brings up the previous versions as these can still be cached locally.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my wife just told me that she wrote what is missing...
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok, then do the same in Safari pleaseTap the Bookmark icon (it looks like a little book)Tap “History”Tell me if she can find it please