Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My printer worked f

Customer Question

My printer worked flawlessly one day, but did not the next. I, too, confirmed that the PIXMA MP990 printer is properly plugged in, powered on, and properly connected wirelessly to my computer. I checked according to the directions given. The only thing I can think of is that it might work if connected wire. What are your thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Did this issue just occur today?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Was there any change recently to your computer or internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer device?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B21 Mac OS X 10.6.8
SMC Version (system): 1.72f1
Hardware UUID: 25A26450-C2BA-57F8-A380-A8A0189F8FA0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No changes. Just one day to the next to quit
Do you mean sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work? Or is printing not working at all now?Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer device?Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said above when I gave you all the information the Mac, it is Mac OS X 10.6.8
Thank you. Can you please let me know the followings about the printer (not the computer)?1. Do you mean sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work? Or is printing not working at all now?2. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?3. What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer device?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, It worked perfectly one day, the next it did not copy a letter. This only happened once. I was able to copy a picture directly by putting the picture on the glass and pressing OK to print.
It must be a wireless issue. E-mail works fine and the Quest PK5000Z is blinking as it always does. I will call the provider tomorrow. I plan to just get a connection cable tomorrow and print that way. I don't think we are getting anywhere. (I went through the 7 steps that were shown, checking everything the Preference as suggested on your site.), and I answered all of you questions.
Thank you for your time.
Sam Morey
I'm sorry. I was gathering some information first before providing a solution. Also, your internet service provider cannot or will not help you fixing your printer issue. I will fix your printer for you.- To confirm if your wireless is working, is your computer wireless? Or is your computer connected to the Quest PK5000Z modem device with a cable? If the wireless internet is working on your laptop, then the wireless is fine. We just need to re-set up the wireless option on the printer's screen.- What are the 7 steps? Is there any error or message?- Are you able to to go to Settings -> Wireless LAN setup option on the printer's screen in order to connect it to your wi-fi / wireless network name?Please let me know; I can get your printer work via wireless connection again, so you do not have to purchase a USB cable, and so you don't have to plug in the cable for printing.Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we guarantee our service. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5/17/2016Viet - Computer Tech
Tech Support Specialist,I appreciate your help. However, I solved the problem by getting a used USB cable so we don't need to continue.Thanks again.SamThanks again
You're welcome. Great. I can still help with wireless printing if you'd like to. Otherwise, yes, USB cable connection is more reliable. Do you have any other computer question / issue I can help with? This is being cancelled. If you need anything else, please come back any time. Thank you for the update.