Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Windows vista kernel missing and corrupt on my dell pc. Don't

Customer Question

Windows vista kernel missing and corrupt on my dell pc. Don't have disk. Any suggestions
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. Rate only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided. Shut down the computer power and let it sit fir 2 mins power it back on and let me know on which stage you get the kernel error.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Says Windows failed to start. Status:0xc000000f
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
File windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any suggestions?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thx for nothing..don't charge my card
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Status: 0xc000000fThis means the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You may need to change your computer's BIOS settings.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
if the hard drive is selected as a first or second device then the computer must boot.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
If its not booting up then it means the boot sector is missing and you would need a windows operating system disk to get the existing windows repaired.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Please be patient we are here to provide you actual and correct and professional info so that you do not spend more money in knowing the fact of problem and solution for a fix.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Let me know when you are ready we can try few alternative steps without the windows disk and if those dont work then you would need an operating system disk for a windows repair.